Enter the World of Unknown
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sunday, July 27

End of one road, start of another....Part 3

If year two is a focus on ODAC, my year 3 is a focus on football. I was approached by the previous year SIM soccer club president to take over the club, I thought about it and decided to give it a try. I roped in John as my vice president and there we go to bring SIM Soccer to greater height.

The year started with Rex going for his operation on his ligament and Min min thought that he might be bored at home feeling crippled, so along with Luke, John and JS, we surpised him at his house with some heart warming friendship and hot pipping canadian pizza!

His look when we surpised him!We managed to get the canadian pizza delivery man to fake ignorance and asked Rex to pay for the pizza!But this crafty guy refused to!haha!Yang Yang birthday was soon coming by and sweet JS planned a surprise birthday party for her!Nice yah!

Nice little bbq full of food!I still remember Joyce came and asked Zhixiang the wrong question which is damn funny lar!I think only those who went that day will understand yah! Soon the Freshmen Orientation Camp is coming again!And I was going up as a OGL this time! I always wanted to be OGL and Rex;s torned ligament meant that he is not able to scale Pelepah and therefore I took over from him and boy, it was a great trip! My fellow OGL is Serene and she is one nice fun OGL to partner with yah!

The trip will only be fun with great company!And my OG is a fun loving OG!It was great to know every single one of them - Kevin, Mabel, Maurise, Thomas, Teck Loon, Jamie, Su Yuan, Sharon, Eric, and not forgetting the mole, Belinda!haha! I enjoyed the trip alot even though I have to come down Pelepah on the rocky terrain barefooted which is terrible.

This is my OG for FOT 2007!Kudos to Tony Batch who made the camp even more successful than ours. I shall interrupt this post with a Famous saying by Robin Yeo!

He came out with this yah!

Next time when people tell you : “以前警擦穿短裤。。”
You reply : "我的妈妈是 Chio bu!恐龙过马路!"

After the camp, it was back to managing the SIM Soccer club and first up was the Women Singapore University Game. It was a terrible day for me as the women team was hammered left right up down inside out. But with the given training available, i guess it was a good start for them and for SIM. This was by the way, the first year the Women Team was formed.

This is the first ever SIM Women Football Team!History was made that day yah!After the tournament, it was arranged that John will take over the coaching of the Women team due to lack of funding. And i must admit, i was toturing him by asking him to coach them!haha!It was not an easy job yah! After that day, I had many other fringe activities going on. One of them are Soccer at the Cage at East Coach with the ODACians!

It was only after that day at the Cage that I realises that Wenling and Zheyang together is all a cover up for Zheyang real relationship with Rex. Seeing them so intimate on the field make me feel so happy for them!Serene also organised a Paintball at Orchid Country club, and wanting to experience the different between them and Singapore Discovery Centre Paintball, I answered her call and went in full gear for battle.

The joke that day was Theophane!Serene asked us to come in loose clothing and so he came in real loose clothing like those Street Basketballer. It was damn funny to see him in that attire yah!

Channel U was filimg the Campus Yummy also around that period. John recommended me to Mediacorp to be the Yummy guide and I was chosen!It was wonderful to be able to host with Dasmond and Felicia. But I was a embarassment yah, I was so nervous that they have to keep shouting "cut" because of me!

It was an exciting day with them!I took alot alot of photos with them!I kinda look funny in that photo as I was nervous yah!

I was more relaxed in this because it was rest time and I was joking around with Felicia and Dasmond!Ooh yah, John was also there wor!Felicia hugged my arm tightly wor!haha! I got to know the script writer and she introduced me to another show hosted by Yi Feng and Kym Ng!

I was not the host but only one of the many food tester for the show "Buzzing Cashier". They are both very friendly people and the show was fun!I had fun testing the food too! SIM Men Soccer team also was training hard for the first match under my charge as President.

We played against Ngee Ann Polytechnic first and it ended up in a thrashing by them on us. I was on the sub bench for their match and it was painful to see goal after goal scored against us. We lose the 2nd match also and I was playing in goal for the 3rd match against ITE which I conceeded 6 goals and we lose 6-0 also. Coach Marko did not gave up on us and we did not gave up on ourself. We wanted to show to other that SIM football is not there to make up the number. We were playing against the very arrogant TP team who thought they can easily walk over us. Boy, they were wrong, very wrong!

We started the match strongly and soon we took a one goal lead through a penalty. Then i made a wonderful save and we went out to score from a very nicely taken free-kick to double our scoreline. It was a wonderful feeling when the referee blew his whistle and SIM soccer won our first ever win and I made history by keeping the first ever clean sheet!

This is the team that made history!That day had drilled a place in my heart!The feeling is really great! Soon it was Chinese New year and what is chinese new year without all the gathering and gambling.

A nice wonderful steamboat and BBQ dinner with DreamZ. It is always great to play soccer and relax with them. They are the very reason why my four years in St.Andrew is filled with fun, joy and laughter!Anyway, Ben is the first one among us to propose and I think there are lots more to come!!!

This year ODAC New Year gathering is at Huijiao house again!Another fun-filled night, typical ODAC style. Gathering or outing with them are never boring! Oh yah oh yah!Valentine was around that period also!

Michelle Yang really got telepathy with me yah! I was messaging her that I bringing Min to Grill Out to eat for valentine and she immediately called me and said that she is bringing JS there too!It was such a coincidence!So it ended as a double date!

This is one half of the double date that day!

This is the other more important half of the double date!haha!Up to today, I still think Michelle copied me and choose grill-out!It was a great day out yah! Yang got some chinese dance performance at Ngee Ann and being her good friend, I went to support her!

The show is okay but we all had good laugh when we see her dancing.Cause we never see her dance before even though we always ask her to do "leg over head" since we knew her.


I always wanted to have my own bike since I was young. I suddenly got the strong interest again in cycling during that time and so I was researching for a good bike and Zhixiang recommended me to get a GT.

So i shopped around and found a shop offering me a GT Avalanche with Disc brake for $580. I thought it was a good buy and after confirming with several expert, i decided to go for it and purchased it!It was my first bicycle ever!I was so excited about it! I also went to conquer Bukit Timah Cycling Trek with ZY and i was rewarded with a tiring body and scratches and wound when i became superman and flew off the bike. Soon it was Min Min birthday!


I bought her a new handphone and brought her to The Melt at Mandrian Oriental. The Melt served a great buffet yah, even as I am typing now, i still drool when i think of all the food there!Singapore was also playing Lebanon in the World Cup qualifying and I was there to witness the match with a great bunch of people.


It was a last minute decision to go for the match and I never regret it!The match was good, Singapore won 2-0 (it could have been more) and the company was great!After that, it was all exams preparation again. The same old pattern of studying and sleeping and eating happened every day and thus explained the lack of photos during those period. I had a terrible time studying this year, probably because the papers are much harder. I was so happy when I finished my last paper and went to celebrate with Rex, Robin, Yang and weide!

I think that should roughly end the year for me ba. I went for reservist for 2 weeks after that and was searching for jobs ever since then.......

Sunday, July 27, 2008;

Phrase of the Day..
In the end,
we remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence
of our friends

Martin Luther King Jr

Life of Me
25 Years on earth
Happily Being Attached
Banker Wannabe
Adores Kindaichi
Supports Man Utd
Loves doing model tanks
Collects chinese games
Treats Soccer as life
Great Family
Fantastic Friends
Great Girl in my life
Wonderful Life
Current Weight: 89.5kg


Things to buy
Watch
DVD Writer
LCD Monitor
TV Tuner for CPU
Window Vista
Soccer Boots
Bicycle
Nike Sandal
Levi Jeans
Taiwan Trip
Australia Trip
Egypt Trip
Old Trafford Trip


Things to Achieve
Slim down to 80kg by June
Learn Capoeira
Achieve good result
High Traffic Food Blog
IPPT Gold
Repick up Tank Modelling
Army Half Marathon under 2hrs


Lifes of Others
Qiuyi
Dorothy
Wan Qing
Yun
John
Robin
Michelle L
SAS DreamZ
Junwei
Siling
Jean
Liting
En en
Ziwei
Tony
Bernard
Christine
Jezreel
Kenny Sia
su yuan
michelle C
serene
serene's shop


Check Out the Previous Posts!
  • End of one road, start of another....Part 2
  • End of one road, start of another....Part 1
  • Cycling trip
  • mood to blog
  • New Bike
  • Happy Chinese New Year
  • Once a Saint, Always a Saint
  • Funny form...
  • Channel U filming, SIM soccer and 2008!
  • My mood recently...


  • Check Out the history
  • 10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
  • 11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
  • 12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
  • 01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
  • 02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
  • 03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
  • 04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
  • 05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
  • 06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
  • 07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
  • 08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
  • 09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
  • 10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
  • 11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
  • 01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
  • 02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
  • 04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
  • 06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
  • 07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
  • 08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
  • 12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
  • 01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
  • 02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
  • 03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
  • 07/01/2008 - 08/01/2008
  • 08/01/2008 - 09/01/2008
  • 09/01/2008 - 10/01/2008
  • 12/01/2010 - 01/01/2011


  • Come On..Tag Me!!!